Come work for the 2022 IBAO award winning ‘Brokerage of the Year- over 25 Brokers’!
McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of eighteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Responsible for the policy and claims service of assigned section of personal lines clients. Ensure prompt, accurate, courteous service to insureds, sales representatives and insurance companies regarding those accounts.
- Accept new claim reports and occasionally set up electronic claim files
- Full investigation, evaluation, analysis, negotiation of automobile physical damage claims
- Review and analyze losses to ensure files meet guidelines, criteria and determine proper cause of loss
- Maintain adequate reserves based on exposure and authority level
- Evaluate liability, salvage, and subrogation exposure and potential
- Regularly monitor open claims, follow-up and work towards closing claims as effectively as possible
- Follow established claims handling procedures, and regularly follow up with customers on progress of claim.
- Provide industry-leading customer service to insureds and brokers
- Other duties and special projects, as required.
- Adjusters license, or eligible to write
- Actively involved or completion in the CIP designation
- Minimum 1- 2 years’ experience auto physical damage claims
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Guidewire;
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multitask and grasp new concepts
- Must be self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and negotiating skills are essential
McFarlan Rowlands is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.