McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of sixteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and procuring new business and renewals on an account basis. Cultivate new leads and sales opportunities, present proposals for insurance solutions, negotiate with potential clients, and close sales to achieve annual targets.
- Evaluate client needs and provide risk management and insurance advice in the interests of the client.
- Build lasting relationships with clients throughout the communities we serve.
- Develop effective ‘out of the box’ sales strategies to secure and maintain business.
- Prospect, solicit and place coverage for clients new to McFarlan Rowlands in order to meet New Business goals established on an annual basis. Expectations are that new clients will meet the quality or risk and underwriting criteria of our Insurer partners.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Department, responsible for placing the risk with an appropriate market, obtaining and assisting in the completion of the proper application for insurance, arranging and collecting payment as per corporate policy, and forwarding the application to the insurance company in order to effect or complete the binding of coverage in a timely manner.
- Gather and document relevant information to ensure client receives the appropriate coverage and service.
- Follow up with the client to ensure complete satisfaction and to finalize the sales process.
- In order to build a long term client base and portfolio, remain in contact both directly and indirectly with the client via other service team members (Account Managers) to maintain client’s ongoing satisfaction and to provide further coverage as required.
- Support clients with the claims process.
- Keep abreast of markets, new products, pricing, and opportunities.
- Attend sales meetings and events as required.
- Other duties as required by management.
- 3 – 5 years of Business and/or Sales experience
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Assertive, competitive, resilient and driven
- RIBO Licensed, or RIBO license eligible
- Well-developed communication, organizational and leadership skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.