McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of nineteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Responsible for full range management of the Commercial Marketing Department. Advise management on marketing conditions/issues on an on-going basis.
- Research policy coverages and forms, make recommendations to Account Executives and service staff.
- Provide management with regular activity reports, summarizing new business quotes, remarkets, hit ratios, etc.
- Responsible for the marketing of new commercial accounts for all branches.
- Receive, review and send new business submissions from Account Executives to appropriate insurers for quotes.
- Follow up with insurers on outstanding quotes.
- Review quotes for accuracy and send to Account Executives.
- Track new business submissions received and new business bound.
- Negotiate with underwriters to establish the best terms and conditions with respect to premium and coverage.
- Establish contacts and cultivate relationships with underwriters, managers and business development representatives.
- Remarket renewal business as required.
- Keep abreast of markets available in each line of business and keep Account Executives and commercial staff informed of changes and new products in the marketplace.
- Maintain working knowledge of computer system as it relates to commercial clients and marketing.
- Plan and coordinate regular marketing meetings.
- Conduct meetings with staff members to communicate performance reviews, wage and bonus allocation; address employee concerns within Marketing department.
- Track employee time and attendance, ensure proper department coverage
- Other duties and special projects, as required.
- High School Diploma
- RIBO Licensed
- CIP, CAIB designation preferred
- 10 + year in Commercial Insurance
- Well-developed communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Well versed in all aspects of commercial insurance with technical background in wordings and coverages.
McFarlan Rowlands is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.