As a Supervisor you will provide hands-on supervisory support to the Customer Care team, maintaining a high level of product knowledge throughout the department, and be responsible for resolving customer service issues over the phone. You will ensure all customer requests are handled in a courteous, professional and timely manner, and facilitate continuous improvement within the department.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of a team of eight Brokers; establish work schedules and work flow procedures; schedule vacation and track attendance
- Oversee department workload distribution among the Customer Care Team
- Answer calls and emails in the service queue
- Perform audit spot checks
- Proactively identify and suggest to Manager possible improvements as they relate to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Customer Care Department
- Coach team on best practices in terms of time management and daily workflow; train new staff
- Record and monitor weekly telephone and email status
- Actively monitor customer complaints, solve client issues, and ensure responses and resolutions are communicated in a timely manner
- Identify strengths, challenges, skills, and knowledge gaps for individuals and the collective team. Provide recommendations for closing the gap to Manager
- Participate in the first round of new hire interviews
Successful candidates will have:
- An active RIBO license with a sound knowledge of personal lines insurance
- Three years experience in an insurance customer service or sales role
- Demonstrated ability to direct people; must be a team player
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to manage a team of 8-10
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A pro-active attitude towards developing trust and professional rapport with team members
- A team environment where your contributions are valued
- Encouragement for personal growth and professional development
- Coaching, mentoring and inspiration from the leadership team
- Competitive compensation package and employee group benefits program
- In-house seminars that support RIBO licensing requirements
Other perks include a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off to volunteer for a community service of your choice.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in this posting. We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of sixteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. We are dedicated to ensuring our professionals are on the leading edge of changes in the insurance industry. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.