McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of fifteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Responsible for the overall financial management of the Personal Lines division. Responsible for the development of consistent procedures and processes for all branch Personal Lines operations.
- Responsible for keeping Department and Branch Managers apprised of contract details and continuous compliance to company contracts.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of consistent systems and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the Personal Lines division.
- Responsible for monitoring the collection of accounts receivables.
- Provide ongoing support to Branch Managers, Personal Lines and Underwriting staff.
- Communicate all new systems, procedures and insurance company regulations to all Personal Lines staff; ensure they are adhered to on an ongoing basis.
- On an ongoing basis, monitor, review and ensure all form letters used by the branches are up to date and consistent.
- Establish consistent guidelines for loading client information into internal databases.
- Work closely with Branch Managers and Human Resources to oversee job descriptions for Personal Lines staff, pay equity planning, employee performance reviews, and annual salary and bonus calculations.
- Responsible for dealing with elevated customer complaints and resolving grievances.
- Participate in company audits, conduct individual staff audits when required. Ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- In conjunction with Personal Lines support employees, help resolved issues with SIG, including new broker codes for download, system errors, configuration changes, assist staff with troubleshooting.
- Set up portal credentials, when required.
- Develop new concepts and ideas to promote customer service and work with the Training and Development Coordinator to see training through to all Personal Lines staff.
- In conjunction with the COO and/or CEO, responsible for contract negotiations with companies, setting goals and negotiating changes.
- Responsible for budgeting, reviewing and monitoring financials of all branches in respect to Personal Lines; work with Branch Managers to achieve targets.
- Encourage new business sales, customer retention and community involvement.
- Perform special projects, as required.
- High School Diploma, Post-secondary education preferred
- RIBO Licensed
- CIP and/or CAIB designation
- Minimum 5 years licensed, with supervisory/management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well organized, attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Well versed in all aspects of Personal Lines with a technical background in wordings and coverages
- Experienced in all aspects of Insurance procedures and compliance in order to avoid exposure to E&O situations
McFarlan Rowlands is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.