All across Southwestern Ontario, McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers has established a culture that supports our team of more than 150 professionals so they can provide exceptional service to our clients. We value development and growth at the professional level and actively invest in our employees’ futures. We offer competitive commission-based compensation and many additional benefits to our employees.
We are seeking an HR professional to ensure proper resources are in place to provide the necessary support for our growing workplace and to keep pace with, and ensure compliance to, constantly changing legislation. This position will be resident in the York Street Office and report directly to the CEO.
Recruitment and Selection
- Liase with Management to identify staffing levels and training requirements
- Participate in recruitment initiatives both in-house and externally
- Screen resumes, conduct interviews and schedule appropriate testing when required
- Check references, offer employment and coordinate on-boarding
- Nurture a positive environment by providing guidance and support to all employees
- Foster a productive and positive work environment where employees feel valued, challenged and rewarded for their work
- Complete investigations and sensitively resolve employee issues while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Respond to HR inquiries from Employees, Supervisors and Managers
- Provide support to managers and supervisors with performance management, employee development, and appraisals
- In collaboration with Management, provide input to corporate polices and ensure compliance with Human Rights and Employment Standards
- Provide guidance and education regarding company policies to Managers and employees
- Prepare correspondence such as: offer letters, confirmation of employment, changes in status, termination letters, etc.
- Manage the Payroll Department; advise on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotions and bonuses
- Coordinate with Payroll to ensure all employee information is accurate and complete
- Work collaboratively with management to review and improve current HR processes
- Values and respects others; a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills, displaying superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, within a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated commitment to meeting expectations
- A team player with the desire and ability to get the job done with a “Hand’s on” approach to tasks
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the management, supervisors, and managers
- Technology aptitude: proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Internet
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resources required
- Minimum 3-5 years related Human Resources experience
- Expertise in Human Rights, Employment Standards and other current legislation
- Experience in payroll administration
- Insurance background would be an asset
McFarlan Rowlands offers a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of sixteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. We are dedicated to ensuring our professionals are on the leading edge of changes in the insurance industry. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.