McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of nineteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Responsible for the day-to-day policy needs of Group Operations policyholders insured with Traders and Scottish & York and providing prompt and courteous service to members. Provide support to Customer Care Brokers within the team.
- Handle questions and general inquiries regarding existing policies, both by phone and via email.
- Review coverages with policyholders, recommend and up-sell coverage.
- Provide claims counseling on initial claims report.
- Keep current with all company product offerings and changes.
- Responsible for all incoming mail regarding assigned clients.
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all policy documentation and processing, utilizing macros for documentation on company portal.
- Responsible for accounts receivable for assigned clients, adhering to corporate accounts receivable procedures.
- Ensure all abeyance items are completed through the use of follow-ups.
- Adhere to all system procedures and insurance company regulations.
- Provide advice and guidance to all Brokers within the Customer Care team.
- Identify issues and training opportunities, when presented.
- Liaise with management to resolve issues affecting quality and efficiency of the Customer Care team.
- Receive and address member call escalations.
- Other duties and special projects, as required.
- High School Diploma
- RIBO licensed
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a brokerage
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills
- Previous leadership and/or mentorship experience an asset
- Well organized; attention to detail; an ability to prioritize
- Accuracy in recording details
McFarlan Rowlands is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.