McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of eighteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
The primary function of this role is to develop and enrich the customer experience of our group membership through proactive communication and consultation. This communication will include the collection of data to boost business intelligence, better target our group marketing strategies and reach financial targets by means of improved retention.
- Identify key stakeholders using predetermined criteria
- Review policy renewals to provide options and recommendations to policyholders:
- o Consider coverage enhancements: water, limits, optional endorsements etc.
- o Complete building replacement value evaluations
- o Determine if any changes in risk have occurred
- o Explore discount opportunities
- o Clarify specific association membership and verify favourable group rating
- o Ensure compliance with regulatory, privacy and carrier requirements: PIPEDA, credit consent, group endorsement adherence etc.
- o Confirm positive resolution of recent claims, complaints or concerns, if any.
- Ensure the integrity of the data in broker management systems & company portal:
- o Validate contact information to successfully utilize email automation.
- o Ensure completion of fundamental customer data fields: customer class, date of birth, occupation etc. to achieve mass personalization in communications.
- Manage call escalations of group portfolio
- Keep current on industry changes, underwriting rules, and company procedures.
- Build relationships with group influencers and company carriers
- Act as an advocate and brand ambassador to group segments:
- o Develop and maintain best practice guides for group operations
- o Assist our Communications team by identifying or creating media content directed at our group audience.
- o Participate in the development of group marketing strategies.
- o Work collaboratively with our Customer Care Centre to employ problem solving tactics to negotiate mutually beneficial or acceptable renewal terms
- o Look for opportunities to enhance the features and benefits of our group insurance products.
- Assist with on-site administrative support, as required
- Other duties and special projects at management request.
- 2 to 3 years of personal lines insurance experience
- Current RIBO license
- Excellent customer service skills; good written and oral communication skills; organized; attention to detail; team player
- The following qualities will be considered assets:
- Possession of, or working towards, an industry designation
- Previous experience working in a call center environment
- Experience with Keal/SigXP & company portals
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.