All across Southwestern Ontario, McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers has established a culture that supports our team of more than 150 professionals so they can provide exceptional service to our clients. We value development and growth at the professional level and actively invest in our employees’ futures. We offer competitive commission-based compensation and many additional benefits to our employees.
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Personal Lines Production Underwriter. The focus of this position is to maintain underwriting quality and profitability, while simultaneously working towards production targets.
- Work collaboratively with Personal Lines Brokers in all branches of McFarlan Rowlands including D.A. Kurt, Kitchener
- Provide a resource for all Brokers regarding placement of new business. Communicate all underwriting changes, including changes in risk appetite with our markets
- Proactively provide suggestions and tips to the team regarding company underwriting
- Review all new business and remarketing that requires in-house underwriting approval
- Follow up with Account Managers where additional information is needed
- Adhere to insurer and corporate underwriting authority
- Provide documents to all companies within the required standard levels
- Work with company auditors; prepare/review documentation to ensure compliance to company audits
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Personal Lines underwriting at an insurance company
- CIP designation, in hand or close to achieving
- Proven underwriting knowledge and strong technical underwriting skills
- Ability to become proficient on multiple insurance company platforms.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Excel, Word
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills: ability to conduct positive meetings; work well in a team environment, and effectively handle difficult conversations
- Analytical, with a solutions oriented mind-set
- Ambitious self-starter; results driven with a strong desire to succeed
- Problem solver
- Accountable and objectives oriented
- Self-sufficient and excellent time management skills
- RIBO license an asset
McFarlan Rowlands offers a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org