McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of twenty offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Primary function of this position is to receive and direct incoming telephone calls and visitors in a courteous and professional manner. Assist with back end support and processing.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, forward calls, take messages and notify staff by phone that visitors have arrived.
- Receive payments from clients coming in to the office. Enter deposits in computer system(s) on a daily basis; take deposits to bank as required.
- Receive packages, letters, etc., as required, sign for receipts as necessary and ensure they are distributed.
- Maintain petty cash fund for the office, reconcile and obtain approval of reimbursement for vouchers.
- Maintain up-to-date telephone, fax and address listings for all companies and branches.
- Maintain listings for phone and fax numbers of other branch members.
- Adhere to all system procedures and insurance company regulations.
- Send coverage up sell/gap emails/letters at the request of Account Managers and/or Renewal Review team.
- Assist with email collection initiatives.
- Perform data processing and filing functions.
- Other duties and special projects, as required.
- High School Diploma
- RIBO License an asset
- Previous work experience in an office setting
- Pleasant, professional telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills; good written and oral communication skills; organized; attention to detail; team player
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
McFarlan Rowlands is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.