McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of fifteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, education reimbursement, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Working as part of the IT team to support a central data center and fifteen branch offices. Working on all sizes of development projects; implementing all portions of systems through analysis, design, testing, documentation, and training the trainers. Providing Tier-2 level support to staff members on a daily basis, installing systems upgrades, implementing new system requirements and conducting disaster recovery/business continuity testing and validation.
- Track, troubleshoot and resolve advanced computing incidents triaged by IT Support Service Desk.
- Execute assigned projects and requests in consultation with the IT Manager, including coordination of tasks, solution testing, and training document creation.
- Maintain security of Active Directory accounts, permissions, and access to network resources.
- Contribute to the growing IT knowledgebase by proactively creating and updating documentation.
- Engage third-party vendors in the process of procurement and incident management.
- Assist with installation, configuration and testing of desktop computing and server hardware, operating systems configuration, software installation, and LAN/WAN networks troubleshooting in conjunction with Tier-1 Support and IT Manager.
- Monitor system performance and performance tuning.
- Establish and test disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintain documentation.
- Maintain regular Windows system, application and firmware updates.
- Provide technical support to Corporate Trainer’s technology needs.
- Provide technical support to Corporate Communications department technology needs.
- Act as a backup to other IT team members (IT Support Desk & IT Manager).
- Evaluate procedures and processes, recommend enhancement solutions.
- Other special projects and assignments, as required.
- University Degree or College Diploma in related field with minimum 5 years or relevant experience with regards to the required skills above.
- System Administration: Windows Server 2016/2018, Linux, MS Exchange, MS SQL.
- Advanced Windows Active Directory knowledge and working experience, including GPO management.
- LAN/WAN and Internet knowledge: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SSL, VPN.
- Cisco ASA Firewall and Routers.
- Perimeter Protection Systems: Proxy Servers, Email and Web Filter Systems.
- Virtual Computing: VMware 6.0/6.5/7.0 technology specific, vCenter Server.
- Storage Area Networks (SAN) and integration with virtual hosts, multi-pathing.
- VOIP Telephone/IP Phones.
- Systems Security: antivirus, ransomware protection, server hardening.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and ability to self-manage work priorities.
- Availability for weekend work when required.
- Reliable vehicle for off-site work.
- Experience with the below items considered an asset:
- Apple Devices, ChromeOS, Google Admin, Microsoft Office 365
- Insurance Broker Management System (BMS) (Vertafore SigXP/ComXP)
- Understanding of the threat and attack landscape, vulnerabilities, and how they are leveraged by malicious actors.
McFarlan Rowlands is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.