McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of fifteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
In collaboration with Managers, help facilitate training programs based on organizational and employee needs. Review and evaluate new business, renewals and endorsements to ensure compliance with internal and external business requirements.
- Assist with the set up and coordination of individual and group staff training sessions.
- Coach and mentor employees in their personal development; provide support on integration of new and existing processes.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to all personal lines staff members.
- Research and coordinate external training for staff members as required.
- Assist in coordination of training to satisfy annual RIBO CE hours for brokers.
- Perform consultation surveys with management to analyze training needs.
- Assist in creating manuals and aids for adopting the use of technology and efficient job processes for all divisions of McFarlan Rowlands, in conjunction with the Training & Development Specialist.
- Develop training resources by preparing notes and visual displays in coordination with training needs and specific departmental needs.
- Complete monthly reviews and evaluate group operations data, provide reports to management as required.
- Examine and evaluate data to help assist management in conducting performance evaluations for internal staff.
- Act as a backup for the Training and Development Specialist.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Post secondary education, with a Designation preferred
- RIBO license required
- Minimum five years within the insurance industry
- In-depth knowledge of Personal Lines brokerage business
- Superior communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels
- A passion for new technology, continuous learning, innovative thinking, and efficiency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Keal Sig/Com knowledge preferred
- Experience with Aviva Portal an asset
- Experience in a call center environment an asset
- Travel required
McFarlan Rowlands is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.