McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers offers a complete line of commercial, personal lines, life, disability, employee benefit plans and risk management services through our network of sixteen offices across Southwestern Ontario. We are able to offer a broad product portfolio and insist upon complete independence from the insurance companies we represent so that we can provide our clients with the best coverage at the most competitive prices and benefits that are unavailable to other brokerages. Our employees are committed to providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our clients.
We offer a welcoming work environment, competitive compensation and group benefits package, matching in our Group RRSP, in-house seminars to satisfy RIBO requirements, a fitness credit, your birthday off, and a day off for community service of your choice.
Primary function of this position is to provide insurers with complete submissions and obtain quotes for Producers in a timely fashion. Maintain current knowledge of available markets and coverages and keep on top of ongoing changes in the marketplace.
- Responsible for the marketing of new commercial accounts for all branches.
- Receive, review and send new business submissions from Account Executives to appropriate insurers for quotes.
- Follow up with insurers on outstanding quotes.
- Negotiate with Underwriters to establish the best terms and conditions with respect to premium and coverage.
- Establish contacts and cultivate relationships with Underwriters.
- Review quotes for accuracy and send to account executives.
- Track new business submissions received and new business bound.
- Remarket renewal business as required.
- Keep abreast of markets available in each line of business and keep producers and commercial staff informed of changes and new products in the marketplace.
- Research policy coverages and forms, making recommendations to producers and service staff.
- Maintain working knowledge of computer system as it relates to commercial clients and marketing.
- Perform special projects at Manager’s request.
- RIBO Licensed
- CIP, CAIB designation preferred
- Experienced in Commercial Insurance
- Well-developed communication, organizational, negotiation and leadership skills
- Well versed in all aspects of commercial insurance with technical background in wordings and coverages
- Strong customer service skills; good written and oral communication skills; organized; attention to detail; team player
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in this challenging opportunity.