Although we wish they didn’t, sometimes things go wrong. Whether it be a car accident, lawsuit, simple mistake or a guest slipping and falling on your property, if you don’t have the proper coverage in place, any one of these situations could compromise your financial well-being and put at risk all you have accomplished. Personal Umbrella Insurance protects the things that matter the most to you.
Personal Umbrella Insurance, also commonly referred to as an Umbrella policy, will respond when the underlying liability limits of your other policies (ex. homeowners, auto, or watercraft) have been exhausted and will help to cover any unexpected costs that may arise.
What is included in Personal Umbrella (Excess Liability) Coverage?
- Worldwide coverage
- High liability limits ranging from $1 million to $100 million
- Defense costs
- Additional protection if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver
- Protection from lawsuits involving accusations of slander, libel, negligent injuries (including cases originating from social media or websites)
- Protection from accidental acts of negligence
Do you need Personal Excess Liability coverage?
The following is a checklist of personal risk factors. Check all that apply to you:
- I own property
- I own a boat
- I own a vehicle
- I have children who drive or are away at school
- I employ household staff
- I have a swimming pool
- I have a dog
- I entertain guests
- I blog and/or post comments or photos online
- I serve on a board of a non-profit and/or a for profit organization
- I travel
If you checked as few as 1 of the risk factors, we strongly suggest you look into Personal Umbrella Coverage.
To learn more about your eligibility and coverage limit options please contact our team of experts today.