The end to the COVID-19 pandemic is not yet in sight.
In a recent report, Ontario food banks predicted the amount of families reaching out for help will increase over the next six to 12 months.
We believe in the importance of supporting the communities in which we work and live.
On December 1st, #GivingTuesday, foodbanks across Southwestern Ontario received a donation on behalf of the employees of McFarlan Rowlands Insurance Brokers. As the holiday season nears, we hope our donation will provide solace to families in need throughout our communities – from Sarnia to Kitchener, in communities both big and small.
The $6500 has been allocated to the communities we serve and will contribute to the families who are in need of extra support at this time. The following food banks across Southwestern Ontario will receive a donation:
• East Elgin Community Assistance Program – $500
• Delhi Sharing Pantry – $500
• Dorchester Food Bank – $1000
• Tavistock Assistance Program – $500
• Tillsonburg Helping Hand Foodbank – $500
• Mission Food Bank (St. Williams) – $500
• London Food Bank – $1000
• The Food Bank of Waterloo and Region – $500
• Inn of the Good Shepherd (Sarnia) – $500
The Salvation Army: $2000 in total to the following:
• Strathroy Salvation Army – $500
• Ingersoll Salvation Army – $1000 (on behalf of our Ingersoll and Thamesford branches)
• Norwich Salvation Army – $500